DownEaster Mfg (Topsham, Maine) introduced the anticipated hopper covers for their Stainless-Steel sand and salt spreaders. The HDPE (heavy duty polyethylene), thermo-formed construction ensures years of service without cracking and fading, unlike ABS plastic covers. The hinged design allows for the covers to act as a spill guard when loading material into a standard pickup truck bed. Mounted handles are easily accessible from the rear of the spreader, with a single middle mounted bungee strap to keep them in place when traveling. Stainless hinges (x6) are dealer mounted (for shipping purposes) and are a double top bend design to fit over the side plate, with one ¼” hole to drill per hinge. The covers are compatible with a front spill shield only (unless other fit up arrangements have been made at the factory). The multi piece, bolt together design also allows for standard inside the hopper or UPS shipping and can also be easily retrofitted to earlier spreader models, of the sizes mentioned below.
Available on 1.5 to 2.5 yard and 3.1 to 6.0 yard series sanders
- Made of heavy duty polyethylene (HDPE)
- Durable thermo-formed construction
- Years of service without cracking and fading
- Stainless steel hinges (x6)
- Unique hinge design allows cover to act as a side spill guard when loading material
- Minimal install time.
- Compatible with front spill shields
- Rear mounted handles for easy opening and closing
- Single middle mounted bungee strap